Anong Bago

5 Life Skills I Learned From College

These life skills I learned from college were not actually taught in any courses in the College of Teacher Education. I gained these skills as I go through and I think it made me a better person than I am before.

I am glad to share the following to name a few:

1.   Self-Awareness

As I go through college, I always observe and reflect on my own actions from another person’s perspective. Through self-awareness, I always see to it that I am always doing things the way that was gratifying to myself and others.
I always reflect before and after an action to make sure that it would satisfy my goals. After each reflection, I always find alternatives for any action or activity weaning me off my goals.

2. Taking Failures as Challenges

I failed, so what? Life does not end there.
It was not just once that I failed at something while I am in college. When I fail, I accept it and would think of reasons why I failed, not to make excuses, but to analyze what I did wrong that engendered the failure. Then it would make sure that it would not happen again.

3. Facing Anxiety

There were times that I felt so anxious about a thing. No amount of encouragement can erase that anxiety in my system. That’s when I learned how to accept the discomfort of fear.
The mindset that those things I am anxious of will not cause me any physical harm gave me the courage to face my fear.

4. Being a Resourceful Self-Starter

In college, I always see to it that I am doing my tasks and projects even when problems stand in the way and even when I am seeing others do not. I always invest my best to my every task.
During times problems were challenging me from achieving tasks, I tap on available resources. It is not bad to ask for help to have something to start with.

5. Being Flexible

College requires flexibility. Changes happen every time and I need to adapt.
I remember one time that I wrote a long article for a course and I am ready to submit it, only to find out that the rubrics for scoring has changed. So, I rephrased it immediately to meet the requirements and the deadline. That also requires changing my timetable for the entire day.
I am glad that I had shared with you these few life skills I learned from college. I would love to hear about your experiences. Let us start a healthy discussion below.

Walang komento